Inside job follows the story of the elusive Netrunner, Katie “Glitch” Siren. She is being held to ransom by the phantom corporation ‘Zetatech’, and offers to obtain a hacking program from a Zetatech rival and return it for her freedom.
Glitch will have to make tactical decisions throughout the mission which will influence how the player can approach each task and what the eventual outcome will be. These choices include bartering for special equipment, deciding who to kill or let live, and whether to play by the corporations rules, or beat them at their own game.
The mission will also see the player confronting a rival hacker and discovering that what she thought was a mission to recover stolen data, is actually a mission to secretly steal a new type of advanced AI program and assassinate its creator to prevent duplication.
The mission will involve several key events:
- Meeting the contact, Shima Ryuku to learn what the mission will involve.
- Learn about the stolen information and the hacker who has acquired it, Galen Cedeno.
- Finding the complex the hacker lives in.
- Breaking into the building by using force or hacking skills.
- Heading through the building and finding Galen’s mainframe console
- Confronting Galen.
- Learning about the truth of the mission and the corporation’s deception.
- Dealing with Galen and escaping with the data.
- Meeting the Shima at the docks.
- Surviving the corporate ambush.
There are tactical decisions to make during this mission which have a direct impact on story and game play. These choices will affect the outcome of the quest and also future events within the rest of the story line. The choices are as follows:
- How to break into the hacker’s complex.
- What software to obtain and take back to Shima later.
- Whether to kill Galen or let him live.
- Which software you give to Shima.
- Informing the Corporation of Galen’s status.